Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Can No Longer Remain Silent

Due to my publishing interests and the fear that I might lose half my readership, I had decided that I would quit doing political writing. However, when I look out across the landscape of our country and I see what is currently happening, I have determined that I can no longer remain silent.

Our country is much too important to put my selfish financial interests ahead of my principles. Therefore, I feel that I must speak up about the direction our country is taking.

America's economic ship-of-state is currently taking on water. We are sinking in this storm because we have allowed ourselves to drift away from our spiritual moorings.

America is a Judeo-Christian nation! It was founded on those principles. It has grown strong on those principles; and it is currently suffering in this economic crisis because we have largely forgotten them.

A capitalistic society will only continue to function properly if we remember that there needs to be a spiritual component to how we conduct our business.

And those who represent us in Washington need to realize that this noble public trust, that has been graciously placed in their hands, is not a means to more power and self-enrichment. Public tax dollars must be zealously guarded, not squandered in reckless programs that consistently fail to achieve those ends to which they are started.

Americans may not deserve better; but our Republic certainly does!

No comments:

Post a Comment